Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Missing......

I lost my school keys. I misplace them frequently - though I have been much more careful this year. But on Friday one of the special needs kids was away so the EAs and I took the opportunity to do some housekeeping. We moved some furniture around, cleaned up several work areas and the tech guy and I moved computers too. At the end of the day, my keys were gone. I tried to retrace my steps, no keys. I told the janitor and the after school program mom. No keys. I keep looking in boxes, under desks - I cannot find them! This time they seen truly LOST. Did they end up in a garbage can or will they turn up in some box in a few years? Will the school have to re-key all the locks! (Gulp!)

But it is interesting to me that though I am unhappy about the key situation, I feel worse about losing the little wooden apple I had on the key chain. Ryan gave it to me years ago as a souvenir after his high school trip to New York. (Big Apple - apple for a teacher.....) It's been my "worry stone" and I am going to miss it.

No comments: