Thursday, June 21, 2007

What a day!

I had a bad day yesterday. I biked to school but left the garage door open all day. Fortunately our golf clubs and the power tools were still there when we got home.

Then we decided to use a gift certificate and go to Moxie's for dinner. When we got home after doing a bit of shopping too, we discovered I have left the back door WIDE OPEN. Nothing was missing again.

Then I planted a few extra marigolds and decided to transplant a sucker from the Virginia Creeper to our now empty arch. (The clematis died this year.) So I crawled into the back of a the flower bed and tried to dig up the little plant with my trowel. It wasn't sharp enough to cut the root and as I was digging deeper I realized I had about 10 mosquitos on my legs. I jumped up, hit my head on the bird feeder sending bird seed flying which caused me to raise my hands, sending the dirt from the trowel onto my head and into my ear.

I decided to quit working in the yard, went inside, took a shower and forgot to call my parents for my dad's birthday and to see how my mom's cornea transplant had gone.

Today will be better.

No comments: