Friday, January 5, 2007

Migraine

My personal pain monster.
For two days it lurked behind my right eye - flitting in and out. Once in awhile, I thought it was gone but not really. The pressure of its presence lingered.
I took the amazing little tablets my doctors prescribes and it hid twice,
which was good because I could enjoy Scott's visit and
I almost believed it had gone away but this time it was very persistent.

So last night I literally crashed into bed at about nine o'clock.
I think I was asleep within 30 seconds of my head hitting the pillow
and I slept till ten this morning.
Then I slept again from about 12:30 - 1:30.
I go regularly for massage therapy to try to tame this monster that haunts me and my massage guy once told me during a similar bout of pain, "The only way you are going to get rid of this is with a 14 hour crash." Once again he was right.

But there is a sweet calm that comes after the pain. Just being awake with out wanting to hold my head in my hands is wonderful. And the permission to go easy, drink tea, read quietly, cancel appointments, even ones you want to keep. I'd rather not have the pain and even more I'd rather not have the fear of the pain. But you take what blessing you can!

I'm just glad its gone. Now I'll live as though it doesn't exists until it comes back.

No comments: