Sunday, January 7, 2007

School Tomorrow

After a busy but good break, school starts again tomorrow. It is actually my scheduled day off but I will go in and take a day later in the week. I'm eager to go back. I was thinking about my job a lot this vacation. I like it. I feel really blessed to be able to work with little kids all the time. I love them, their insights and their energy. I also really like finding the best way to help the students with needs - I've been trying to do initiate some enrichment classes for some students but I think my heart is really with the special needs kids and their parents. I think about doing other things but more and more I realize I am where I am supposed to be. Duh! About time for someone who is 51 and a grandmother!

I also really like the people I work with at school. I am the "boss" of the educational assistants we have - 11 of them on staff though I don't supervise them all. But what a great group of women. (We'd welcome some men but they don't apply!) I value and trust their judgment with the students we work with. They are the ones who see the student day in and day out so even though they don't have as much education as I do, they have a lot more knowledge of the students. We're colleagues and that just makes the days together great too.

So tomorrow will be OK. Time to go back and see my students and my friends.

No comments: