Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Headache

I didn't blog yesterday. It was even my day off but I had appointments and had to plan for a great time with my friends at our Friendship Group last night so the time got away from me.

Today I am not thinking about baseball - maybe another time.

It is freezing cold again and I mistakenly thought there wouldn't be a lot of melting today so forgot to take my antihistamine this morning.  It matters because there is a lot of mould under the snow and when it starts to melt, the spores are released. I have discovered through trial and error that those spores have a pretty negative effect on my wellbeing.  My head feels as if if is stuffed with cotton, my eyes feel like they are bulging out, my nose drips and I am just slow.  Eventually a dull headache takes over.

To add insult to injury, we have wonderful woman at school whose calling is cleaning.  However, lately she is trying some new product and I was at a meeting in a room she had just cleaned.  I don't know all the triggers to my migraines but the scent in cleaning products is almost a sure path to a bout of pain.

Early this afternoon, the perfect storm of snow mould allergy and cleaning product trigger hit. Often when I get in this sort of situation, my thinking processes stop and I don't properly medicate myself. Today, I had the sense to take an antihistamine when I saw the puddles outside and I popped one of the beautiful little pills that usually take away the headache.

Tonight I am pretty much pain free but tired.  Someone once called it a migraine hangover. So the synapses aren't firing too well for this writing thing.  I did the dishes, read my email and now am going to crawl into bed.  Tomorrow will be a much better day.

No comments: